Hey, Writer. Yes, I mean YOU.
Letters in Translation is a great place for you to get inspired, to understand how blogging for writers works, and to continue to work on your writing.
Have you ever googled successful writers who have thousands of loyal followers and serious numbers of social media shares, who never ever stop creating amazing stuff?
Well, I have. I still do.
Time to time, I wonder what and how other writers do this. I enjoy digging writing-relevant websites. Reading great articles always motivates me. The work of art is alive, awakening and powerful to push me forward.
At the same time, I do not believe in overdoing myself. That does more harm than good, from my experience. This has given me a good reason to build this list for you. For you to save your time and energy. For you to avoid overdoing yourself. For you to start with the right people, right websites and the right tools.
Start with the list below. You can always DIY your own list, too. For your new venture, get as much positive influence as possible.
- A Crystal Clear Plan to Finally Make a Living Writing
- 4 Mistakes Every New Writer Makes (and How to Avoid Them)
- How to Get Your Writing Done Every Day: The Three-Bucket System
- 5 Investments That Made the Difference in My Writing Career.
I learned about Chris and his website through one of his books, The $100 Startup. (Thanks to one of FIT’s Entrepreneurship professors!) His writing focuses on Life, Work, and Travel. If your interests are within his perimeters, check out his writing.
- CREATING AND LIVING BY YOUR OWN LIST OF VALUES (from 2008)
- COMING TOMORROW: HOW TO START A VERY SMALL BUSINESS FOR $100 (from 2010)
- 24 WAYS TO TRAVEL FOR (ALMOST) FREE (from 2009)
I have taken Melyssa’s e-course right before starting this blog. She is a great teacher who encourages bloggers and online entrepreneurs to continue work on their creative projects. She is famous for her Pinterest strategy.
- A BETTER WAY TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF AS A FREELANCER OR BLOGGER
- CREATE A BLOG THAT CONVERTS: HOW TO WRITE KILLER POSTS THAT GROW YOUR EMAIL LIST + MAKE SALES
- HOW TO CREATE TIME-SAVING SYSTEMS FOR YOUR BUSINESS AND BLOG
Regina is a sweet-hearted entrepreneur who helps people looking to build their freedom brand. Her Free Blog School is one of my favorite resources for bloggers and writers. Check it out.
- BE CONSISTENT AND SMALL. THAT’S HOW YOU WIN AT BUSINESS.
- 20 WAYS TO HELP YOUR BRAND STAND OUT
- HOW BEING AN INFOPRENEUR HELPED ME EARN SIX FIGURES IN A YEAR
Susie is a life coach who also writes to share free life and career advice with her readers. I first read Susie Moore’s article on Greatist. It was The 100-Percent Rule: The Simple Advice That Changed My Life. This article was strong enough for me to re-visit the site very frequently.
- Write App
- Calmly Writer
- Blank Page
- Rough Draft
- Daily Page
- Bear Writer
- Morning Mill
- Omni Outliner
- Hemingway App
- Analyze My Writing
- EAngel (For Gmail)
- Nurtz (For Slack)
- Post Scripting
- 100 Ways to Improve Your Writing: Proven Professional Techniques for Writing with Style and Power by Gary Provost
- On Writing by Stephen King
- On Writing Well by William Zinsser
- Writing Tools: 55 Essential Strategies for Every Writer by Roy Peter Clark
- Magoosh Vocabulary Builder
- Word Word
- Word Vault
- Great Words
- Tameri Guide for Writers’ English Vocabulary
- Vocabulary’s How to Build Powerful Word Lists
Websites for Daily Reads
- Huffington Post
- Pocket App: Hand-picked articles
- NYT Modern Love: Thoughts on Relationships
- On Being: Self-reflective moments
- Greatist: Self-help, productivity, positive words
- Tech Crunch: Tech, startups, entrepreneurship
- Product Hunt: Products
- Man Repeller: Womanhood, fashion, beauty
- Boston Globe Magazine: Non-fiction/Cretive Writing
- Dame Magazine: Womanhood
- Lifehacker: Thing about life
- Buzzfeed News: Great for fun reads
- Full Grown People: Essays on life, relationships and more personal topics
- Salon: Politics, life, business
- Slice MAgazine: Fiction, non-fiction, poetry
- Slate: Womanhood
- Literary Hub: Literature, writing
- The Mission on life, tech, startup (submit yours here)
- The Coffeelicious on stories, life lessons, listicles (submit yours here)
- Personal Growth on personal growth, duh.
- Be Yourself on life and personal stories (submit yours here)
- Better Humans on productivity, leadership, health (submit yours here)
- Think Growth (aka Read Think) on business, marketing tips
- Human Parts on fiction, nonfiction, poetry (submit yours here)
- Mother Jones on journalism
- 3 Min Read (the official Medium blog) on products, stories
- Bright on education, parenting
- The Awl on nonfiction
- The Writing Cooperative on how to write better (submit yours here)
- How We Get To Next on reading, identity
- Stories by Buffer on social media and marketing
You can get the full list of Writer’s Directory here.